As the weather is getting warmer - hello 30-degree heat! - our children need to be covered in sun protection whenever they are exposed to the sun. It seems that all they want to do in summer is play outside, so how is it best to protect them?
No matter how many times we tell our littles that we’re just trying to keep them safe, there are always tantrums that follow the introduction of the sunscreen bottle.
Toddle Is Here To Save Us All!
Traditional sunscreen bottles require you to squirt a blob of cream on your hands before smearing it all over your little one’s skin. This is not only messy and sticky, but it also gives your child time to realise what’s happening and run away.
However, Toddle’s Sensitive Sun Spray for Children comes in a spray bottle instead, allowing you to spray the sunscreen right onto your child’s skin. The spray is cold and refreshing and makes the experience more enjoyable for little ones.
"We tested the spray bottle out for ourselves, and our son absolutely loved it. There was no running away, no crying, no fighting back - just a gentle sunscreen session that was over in no more than five minutes." - Gemma, First time mum
Not only does Toddle’s spray bottle give us a break from the tantrums that usually come with sunscreen, but it also kept our baby protected for hours during the height of summer!
Never Get Caught Out In The Sun! Here are our top tips:
1. Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen: Choose a sunscreen that offers broad-spectrum protection, meaning it protects against both UVA and UVB rays. Sensitive Sun Spray for Children
2. Apply sunscreen before going outdoors: It is best to apply sunscreen approximately 15 to 30 minutes before your child goes outside. This allows the sunscreen to fully absorb into the skin and provide effective protection.
3. Use enough sunscreen: Apply a generous amount of sunscreen to your child's exposed skin. A good rule of thumb is to use about one ounce (30 milliliters) of sunscreen to cover the entire body of an average-sized child. Be sure to pay attention to areas that are often overlooked, such as the ears, back of the neck, and tops of the feet.
4. Even water-resistant sunscreens can wear off over time, so it's essential to reapply regularly. Want to know when to re-apply? Use our sun burn alert stickers, these stickers are stuck onto the skin, before the sun spray is applied. Simply spray the sun spray onto the skin, ensuring you cover the sticker too. The sticker will then turn blue, when you need to re-apply sun protection! https://toddlebornwild.com/products/sun-burn-alert-stickers
5. Seek shade during peak sun hours: Whenever possible, keep your child in the shade between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. when the sun's rays are strongest.
6. Remember, sunscreen is just one part of sun protection. Encourage your child to wear protective clothing, such as hats, sunglasses, and lightweight, long-sleeved shirts and pants, and seek shade whenever possible. Additionally, teaching your child good sun safety habits from a young age can help them develop lifelong habits of protecting their skin.
The Sensitive Sun Spray bottle contains as much cream as three regular bottles of sunscreen, so you won’t be running out for a while! However, when you do finally get through the bottle, make sure you top it up and save the environment with Toddle’s Sun Spray Refill Pouch.
We highly recommend the Pacapod brand, to pack all your summer essentials! They have amazingly innovative pods which organise your bag with military precision, compartmentalising all the different stuff your child needs! We also love how stylish it is, not losing form over function!